Vision, Aims and Christian Values
Our vision, aims and values are at the heart of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which helps everyone flourish as confident, happy citizens.
‘We belong, we believe, we flourish’
We better understand this by thinking of the bible verse from:
'And the Child grew and became strong. He was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon Him.'
We are all striving to grow because through growth we better belong and believe in ourselves, consequently we flourish. It is because of this that growth is rewarded in our school because we are constantly supporting each other to belong, to believe and to flourish.
Aims of our School
The aims within our 'Growing Vision' are that:
We explore and share faith
• To encourage children within an ethos of trust to reflect on their own values and faith in a supportive environment.
We embrace challenge
• To challenge all children to reach their full potential, spiritually, intellectually, physically, creatively and socially.
We value and care for each other
• To enable children to develop high self-esteem and a sense of respect for themselves, others and the environment.
We inspire creativity
• To promote enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity enabling children to be motivated, flexible and adaptable life-long learners through a balanced and stimulating curriculum.
We nurture independence, enthusiasm and self-confidence
• To enable children to take some responsibility for their own learning and become self-motivated to attain their goals.
We serve the community: thinking of others
• To make our school a welcoming community for all, where families are encouraged to participate in school activities and in their children’s education.
Our Christian Values
We have 6 core values which are at the heart of all we do, and underpin this vision.
We help others to succeed.
We are honest and fair.
Perseverance and Courage
We embrace challenge.
We are kind, polite and forgiving.
Friendship and Respect
We listen to each other.
We respect ourselves, each other and our school.
'We belong, we believe, we flourish'